Why is it important to maintain painted aluminum security doors – πορτες ασφαλειας – and what does the cleaning frequency depend on?
Proper maintenance plays a crucial role in maintaining the aesthetics and durability of the paint. Over time with exposure to the weather, the paint may show signs of deterioration, such as loss of gloss, chalking and discoloration.
The intensity and time of occurrence of these phenomena vary depending on the climatic conditions. Therefore, their maintenance varies from place to place. In Mediterranean countries such as Greece, where the sunlight is intense and there are many coastal areas, special care is needed. Thus, at the level of prevention, we can avoid or minimize premature fading and loss of gloss by choosing and using Ultra-resistant powder paints.
1. Carefully remove dirt with a damp soft sponge or cloth. Remove resins from trees, insect impurities as soon as possible, because over time, sunlight and heat harden and are more difficult to remove.
Cleaning should be done at temperatures below 30°C and not at a time when the sunlight is high and direct.
2. Use a soft brush, soft sponge or cloth and a mild household or car cleaner to remove any residue. Under no circumstances use metal brushes, wire, hard sponges, sandpaper, liquid abrasive cleaners or powder detergents, as they will permanently scratch the surface of the paint.
Please keep in mind that the use of cleaners that require the use of gloves is not recommended and should be avoided because such a label is an indication that the cleaner is too strong and therefore unsuitable for cleaning the powder painted aluminum door surface.
3. After cleaning, rinse the painted surface carefully with clean water and wipe dry. The use of water from drilling is not recommended, as its content of minerals and salts can stain and cause problems with the paint in the long run.
4. Do not use hard solvents based on hard solvents. If it is necessary to remove materials from the surface, such as paint or glue, and the use of a solvent is necessary, then as mild a solvent as possible should be used, such as white spirit, turpentine, isopropanol or alcohol.
Try for the minimum contact time and at the end rinse with clean water. We, Alfino Doors always recommend a test on a small, not very visible surface, to make sure that no damage or discoloration will occur.
5. Carefully remove dirt with a damp soft sponge or cloth. Remove resins from trees, insect impurities as soon as possible, because over time, sunlight and heat harden and are more difficult to remove.
Cleaning should be done at temperatures below 30 ° C and not at a time when the sunlight is high and direct.
6. If lubricant is used on the mechanisms during maintenance, immediately clean the lubricant from the painted security door surface with a damp cloth. Otherwise, there is a risk of discoloration if the surface painted with the lubricant is exposed to the sun.
7. One of the advantages of super durable powder paints with a sandblasted texture is easy cleaning, due to the specially designed surface. The use of abrasives, mild or hard is not recommended. Clean the door surface according to the instructions above.